Casual Dining on Hilton Head Island
It is summer and you're on vacation. You've spent the day at the beach and now it's time to eat. But, as previously stated, you've spent the day at the beach. You're tired. Your hair is a bit unkempt. You have sand on your feet. However you want a good meal and a cold drink. You don't want to go the pizza route, you want a burger or a sandwich. Where to go?
Hilton Head Island has many casual dining restaurants to choose from. And although you'll need shoes and a shirt, no one minds if you drag a little sand in with you. Here are some of our favorite picks:
- Char Bar: Located in Park Plaza. Their menu is basic but yummy: burgers and salads. You choose your burger, toppings, bun and sides and they make it just for you... perfectly. They have a fully stocked bar with some unique beer and wine selections. https://www.facebook.com/CharbarCo
- Street Meet: Located in Port Royal Plaza. A selection of foods typically found from street vendors. They have a wide variety of hot dogs, including a veggie hot dog that is out of this world. Try the gyro for a fantastic meal. Finish it off with a fried twinkie. Each customer walks away with a full belly, a smile, and a piece of Dubble Bubble gum. http://www.streetmeetmerchandise.com/menu/
- Frosty Frog Cafe & Daiquiri Bar: Located in Coligny Plaza. This place is surely an Island institution known for their wall of frozen cocktails. Sip a Grape Danger, Jungle Juice, Pond Water, one of the other fun and tasty concoctions. Their “grub” consists of wings, sandwiches, wraps, pepperoni puffs, grouper fingers, salads, and more. http://www.frostyfrog.com
- Salty Dog Cafe: Located at the South Beach Marina. You've seen the t-shirts, you've heard about the live music, and the kid's entertainment. Millions of tourists can't be wrong. You must stop by the Salty Dog to see what all of the fuss is about. Grab a table outside and watch the boats come in and out of the marina while the kids burn off their last bits of energy before bedtime. http://www.saltydog.com/
- Captain Woody's: Located on Arrow Road. New location, same good seafood and fun. Claiming to be “Super Kid Friendly” you'll agree in no time at all. Their specialties are shrimp, clams, and oysters (shucked, raw, or steamed). Their seafood is all 100% wild caught and sustainable. http://www.captainwoodys.com/
Get out there and enjoy the island and finish your day with some good, comforting, no-fuss food.